The Syria Report is hiring a junior journalist for a full-time position. Good command of Arabic and knowledge of Syria and its economy are a must. The journalist will report to the managing editor.
The journalist plays a central role in The Syria Report’s production cycle. He/she will collaborate with other members of the editorial team, develop ideas, and write articles.
Duties and tasks
- Helping develop and structure ideas
- Compiling research from various sources
- Interviewing sources
- Writing articles
- Others tasks related to the production cycle
Qualifications and skills
- Knowledge of the Syrian context and the Syrian economy in particular.
- Minimum journalistic or research experience of two years.
- Good command of Arabic is needed.
- Good command of English is preferable.
- Good economic literacy.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Candidates must be based in the Middle East or in Europe.
- Type: Full-time
- Salary: Based on experience
- Location: Remote work
- Starting date: January.
- Send a CV, a cover letter, and writing/editing samples to email@example.com
- Recommendation letters are welcome.
- Deadline to apply: November 30, 2023.